Sectors We Serve
Search results 10
Continuous Improvement Manager
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
The Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for managing all process improvement activities for this well established, national manufacturer/distributor. Our client is offering a lucrative toward rewards package including an annual base salary, bonus potential, benefits and plenty of additional perks.
Quality/Continuous Improvement Manager Responsibilities:
Maintain all process improvement activities
Responsible for all training related to relevant improvement projects
Analyze and troubleshoot manufacturing and business requirements including materials and labour costs
Develop budgets and cost analysis on all projects
Mentor and train various teams on all lean and six sigma initiatives
Maintain data reporting on projects and achievements
University degree in a relevant field or equivalent employment experience
7-10 years of related experience working in a manufacturing setting in a continuous improvement leadership role
Lean six sigma and continuous improvement experience and formal training
Excellent training, coaching and verbal communication skills
Self starter who is approachable, thorough and dedicated
Technical Inside Sales, Plastics
Inside Technical Sales Representative
Edmonton, AB - Permanent F/T
The duties for this position will include:
- Provide exceptional Customer Service accurately & efficiently on the phone, in person, via email, etc. Must have an outgoing personality with excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Handling all inquiries, quotes, and orders from our customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
- Utilize company tools & software to prioritize customers’ needs and to develop detailed quotes, process orders, and returns as required. Candidate will have very good typing and computer skills.
- Coordinate between field sales representatives, office processes, and warehouse distribution for proper execution of customer orders. Team-first attitude and ability to be collaborative is essential.
- Learn and maintain up-to-date product knowledge. Technical and mechanical aptitude is an asset.
- Occasionally provide help to warehouse associates including helping to pick, package, and verify orders when necessary.
- Forward new & potential sales lead to the Outside Sales Representatives.
- Post-secondary education in sales/marketing or an acceptable combination of education and experience would be viewed as an asset
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Exceptional written, verbal and listening communication skills are a must
- Related industry experience would an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- B2B Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Technical Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
Maintenance Machinist, Sawmill
Grande Cache, Alberta
Maintenance/Repair Machinist - Sawmill
Location: Hinton Area
Permanent Staff Position
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL:
Maintain safety of self and others as the highest priority;
Be self-motivated with a strong machining background and mechanical aptitude/ability;
Be capable with the producing tight tolerances on conventional lathes and milling machines
Be a proficient troubleshooter and able to efficiently complete corrective actions;
Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team;
Be flexible and willing to work a weekend work schedule.
Journeyman Machinist (equivalent experience will be considered);
Previous experience performing maintenance in a sawmill or other manufacturing environment.
Corporate Woodlands Manager
Prince George, British Columbia
Our client is one of North Central BC's leading Forestry Products producers. We are seeking a thoughtful, engaging and inspiring individual to lead our client's Woodlands Team; an individual who can deliver business results under pressure, influence and build relationships, communicate effectively and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
Reporting to the President, the Woodlands Manager is a member of the Senior Management Team focused on the long term strategic direction of the organization while supporting day to day business priorities. Leading a dynamic, capable and experienced team, you will continue to drive the integration of woodlands with all aspects of the business.
This position requires strong business acumen and demonstrated competencies in operations, harvesting, contractor negotiations, planning and silviculture. In addition to your depth of knowledge, experience and proven leadership in the forest industry, you will have a demonstrated commitment to safety and the ability to create, articulate and garner broad support for a vision.
Your skill in building and maintaining both internal and external relationships is essential for this position; working closely with First Nations, communities, government and industry to ensure positive stakeholder relations. You must be a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) and member of (or eligible for registration) the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
You will have the opportunity to make significant contributions to the success of our client's organization. If you are an individual with a keen appetite for career development and for personal growth and achievement, we know you will thrive in this role!
Position Summary :
The role of Estimator is to prepare cost estimates for the manufacturing of oil and gas processing equipment for Oil and Gas applications.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Complete, entire oil and gas processing equipment package estimates that include but are not limited to:
- Estimates for package components including pressure vessels, piping including associated instrumentation and controls, structural steel, and assembly estimates.
- Review customer specifications and applicable codes.
- Determination of materials needed and special requirements.
- Liaise and obtain quotes for material and sub-vendor requirements in terms of pricing and delivery.
- Determination of and including in the estimates necessary NDE and associated costs.
- Including in the estimate all aspects of costing required in the design basis specified by the applications engineer.
- Prepare and compile the entire proposal that will be presented to the customer.
- Work closely with GM, Business Development, and sales for proposal guidance.
- Complete bid pre-qualifications as assigned.
- Monitor the performance of and continually improve and update estimating tools.
- Actively participate in the development of new estimating tools and procedures.
- Update pricing in spreadsheets regularly used as an estimating tool.
- Assist with monitoring shop and office performance to verify estimate basis.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of experience estimating similar products in a similar organization.
- Proficient knowledge of industry best practices.
- Proven ability to produce high quality work while facing competing priorities and strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize activities and stay focused in a dynamic ever changing environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop departmental “Key Performance Indicators”.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite (emphasis on Word, PowerPoint, & Excel), Lotus Notes, Acrobat Pro, and other software systems.*
- Good computer competency including MS Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of ANSI, ASME and API codes.
- Ability to compile estimates both manually (especially for field work) and via estimating software applications.
- General knowledge of welding, shop and NDE processes and procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – must be able to interact successfully with all levels of staff, from Managers to Senior Executives, with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Adaptability and the ability to handle ambiguity.
- Related technical diploma or degree. Graduate student from Mechanical or Engineering Design and Drafting Technologies will be considered.
O&G Equipment Drafter, Fabrication
IROC Personnel is searching for a O&G Equipment Design Drafter to fill a full-time, permanent position with a well established Edmonton based Oil & Gas Fabrication client.
- Create P&ID’s from Application Engineering preliminaries
- Prepare 2D/3D Design including GA’s of Pressure Vessels, Process Piping and Structural Steel Skids
- Prepare fabrication drawings for review, approval and shop use
- Prepare BOMs
- Collate vendor information & drawings into designs
- Provide Revisions to existing design drawings
- Prepare final As-Built Drawings
- Ensure drawings meet company design drafting & fabrication standards
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate from a recognized Drafting or Engineering Technology (Oil & Gas) program
- Must have a minimum of 7 years’ Canadian experience Design / Drafting of Oil & Gas processing equipment in a fabrication environment
- Must be very experienced with all aspects of vessel drafting, including internals and structural
- Must have working knowledge of ASME, ANSI codes and industry standards
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD 2D/3D and/or CADWorx software
- Excellent communication skills
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN MS WORD FORMAT
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those determined to be qualified for the role will be contacted for follow-up.
Senior Applications Technologist
Senior Project Engineer, O&G Equipment Fabrication
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the full execution of projects from inception through to completion, ensuring projects run smoothly, on time and on budget, and that the customer is fully satisfied with the results. In addition, the successful candidate must manage multiple stakeholders of the project, including customers, engineers, sub-vendors and suppliers. This role serves as the primary liaison between company and customer. Understanding of upstream oil and gas processes is required.
• Develop and implement detailed project plans as well as lead a project team
• Create clear scheduling and critical path analysis
• Monitor and control the progress of project deliverables (schedule, cost, design, scope of work and services)
• Control project costs by approving expenditures, administering contractor contracts
• Provide clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to meet the project objectives
• Coordinate and facilitate sub-vendor meetings, expediting and correspondence
• Write requisitions and purchase orders
• Identify issues and opportunities early and take appropriate actions as required
• Prepare formal reports and presentations to Senior Management
• Mentor junior engineers
• Conduct construction inspections
• 5 – 8 years combined Project Engineering (including Mechanical design) and Project Management experience
• A professional engineering designation (P.Eng) with APEGA status or equivalent registration body
• Possess advanced communication skills, both written, verbal and interpersonal
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills and work well in a team setting
• Proven track record with managing multiple projects
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time
• Maintain and build healthy internal and external project stakeholder relationships
• Capable of managing customer expectations and contractual obligations
• Experience managing and guiding teams
IROC appreciates all application, but only those candidates selected for follow-up will be contacted.
Sawmill/OSB Maintenance Superintendent
Location: Various Locations in Alberta, BC, and Ontario
- Plan, schedule and coordinate maintenance activities, organize shutdowns and other major tasks;
- Maintain liaison between the operations and maintenance departments;
- Utilize the Maintenance & Supply Chain Best Practices in conjunction with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, purchase requisitions, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Ensuring the availability of parts, materials (kitting as required) and special tools are available for the work order system
- Facilitate weekly and daily planning meetings;
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance work with appropriate operations, maintenance, engineering, and safety staff;
- Fully utilize current information, procedures, and work methods to positively impact equipment reliability;
- Provide technical leadership as necessary to production and/or maintenance employees;
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the safety process and policies, including the integration of safety into all planning functions;
- Actively pursue measures that improve operational efficiency, cost reduction, and equipment reliability;
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering; or Red Seal Millwright
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of OSB or lumber mill supervisory experience;
- Strong maintenance background with demonstrated technical skills, including an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent leadership ability, including an ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions;
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), an ability to recognize contributions, and can quickly build trust and respect;
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box”
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced working environment;
- Ability to work under pressure within a team environment;
- Computer literate; familiarity with CMMS and MS Project is an asset.
Search results 10
new positions are opening daily!
If you didn’t see anything in our Current Openings that was quite right for you, and you have a background in any of the sectors we work in, send us your resume as a “candidate of interest”, and we’ll follow-up with you on matching openings.
Working at Iroc
IROC Personnel is always on the lookout for seasoned professional recruiters to join our team. Our mandate is simple: to provide our recruiters with a supportive, collaborative team environment that fosters personal and professional growth, and encourages earnings that are far above average!
If you have a strong background in Agency based recruiting, and you are interested in learning more about what we have to offer, then please reach out and let us know!
Interested in more information?
Send your credentials directly to our Hiring Manager.Send Email