Sectors We Serve
Search results 6
O&G Equipment Drafter, Fabrication
IROC Personnel is searching for a O&G Equipment Design Drafter to fill a full-time, permanent position with a well established Edmonton based Oil & Gas Fabrication client.
- Create P&ID’s from Application Engineering preliminaries
- Prepare 2D/3D Design including GA’s of Pressure Vessels, Process Piping and Structural Steel Skids
- Prepare fabrication drawings for review, approval and shop use
- Prepare BOMs
- Collate vendor information & drawings into designs
- Provide Revisions to existing design drawings
- Prepare final As-Built Drawings
- Ensure drawings meet company design drafting & fabrication standards
Key Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduate from a recognized Drafting or Engineering Technology (Oil & Gas) program
- Must have a minimum of 7 years’ Canadian experience Design / Drafting of Oil & Gas processing equipment in a fabrication environment
- Must be very experienced with all aspects of vessel drafting, including internals and structural
- Must have working knowledge of ASME, ANSI codes and industry standards
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD 2D/3D and/or CADWorx software
- Excellent communication skills
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN MS WORD FORMAT
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity however only those determined to be qualified for the role will be contacted for follow-up.
Intermediate/Senior Chemical Process Engineer
Ensuring the completion of accurate and competitive bids.
Ensuring engineering is done with accuracy and to high standards.
Process design of units (simulation, equipment sizing, etc).
Trouble shooting existing plants.
Assist and advise other engineers / technologists.
Client communications and meetings, as required.
Detailed process design.
PFD and P&ID generation.
Preparation of process information for equipment / instrumentation datasheets.
Equipment design (vessels, towers, exchangers, etc).
Specification and/or purchasing of buyout equipment, issuing of RFQ’s, quote comparison, vendor selection.
Review client specifications.
Work with instrumentation, piping design, and vessel design disciplines to ensure proper process design of all equipment.
Review of drawings to ensure proper process design and minimize conflicts.
Process approval and sign off of fabrication drawings.
Knowledge of process simulations, equipment sizing and P&ID development.
Use of Aspen Hysys and/or ProMax for process simulations.
Use of Aspen Heat Exchanger Design and Rating Software for heat exchanger design
Use of Aspen Flare Network Analyser for flare system design
Knowledge of Pipeflo.
Understanding of gas & oil processing processes and requirements.
Good computer skills.
B.Sc. in Chemical Process Engineering, or equivalent.
Minimum 7 years Process Engineering experience, on Gas Plant and SAGD projects.
Eng. Designation through APEGGA preferred.
Electric Motor Systems Technician
Electric Motor Systems Technician - EMST
- Repair and rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Properly implement the procedures of the Corp Quality System (ISO 9001) that apply to the rewind and mechanical departments.
- Journeyman Electric Motor Service Technician, or apprentice with at least two years rewind experience and enrolled in an apprenticeship program.
- High school diploma.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and good electrical knowledge.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English).
Electric Motor Winder
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
Trades certificate or diploma - Electric Motor Systems Technician
EMST Trade Certification would be a nice to have
- 5 years or more years experience as a Motor Winder
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils
- Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning
- Read and interpret diagrams
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors
- Assemble stators or armatures for heavy-duty electric motors
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Test repaired motors, transformers, or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
Weld or braze components; Read electrical schematics, blueprints and other technical diagrams; Read and interpret blueprints/sketches/specifications; Instruct apprentices
Senior Project Engineer, O&G Equipment Fabrication
The Senior Project Engineer is responsible for the full execution of projects from inception through to completion, ensuring projects run smoothly, on time and on budget, and that the customer is fully satisfied with the results. In addition, the successful candidate must manage multiple stakeholders of the project, including customers, engineers, sub-vendors and suppliers. This role serves as the primary liaison between company and customer. Understanding of upstream oil and gas processes is required.
• Develop and implement detailed project plans as well as lead a project team
• Create clear scheduling and critical path analysis
• Monitor and control the progress of project deliverables (schedule, cost, design, scope of work and services)
• Control project costs by approving expenditures, administering contractor contracts
• Provide clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to meet the project objectives
• Coordinate and facilitate sub-vendor meetings, expediting and correspondence
• Write requisitions and purchase orders
• Identify issues and opportunities early and take appropriate actions as required
• Prepare formal reports and presentations to Senior Management
• Mentor junior engineers
• Conduct construction inspections
• 5 – 8 years combined Project Engineering (including Mechanical design) and Project Management experience
• A professional engineering designation (P.Eng) with APEGA status or equivalent registration body
• Possess advanced communication skills, both written, verbal and interpersonal
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills and work well in a team setting
• Proven track record with managing multiple projects
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time
• Maintain and build healthy internal and external project stakeholder relationships
• Capable of managing customer expectations and contractual obligations
• Experience managing and guiding teams
IROC appreciates all application, but only those candidates selected for follow-up will be contacted.
Sawmill/OSB Maintenance Superintendent
Location: Various Locations in Alberta, BC, and Ontario
- Plan, schedule and coordinate maintenance activities, organize shutdowns and other major tasks;
- Maintain liaison between the operations and maintenance departments;
- Utilize the Maintenance & Supply Chain Best Practices in conjunction with the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for processing work orders, purchase requisitions, weekly schedules, PM's, and updating the equipment database;
- Ensuring the availability of parts, materials (kitting as required) and special tools are available for the work order system
- Facilitate weekly and daily planning meetings;
- Coordinate and prioritize maintenance work with appropriate operations, maintenance, engineering, and safety staff;
- Fully utilize current information, procedures, and work methods to positively impact equipment reliability;
- Provide technical leadership as necessary to production and/or maintenance employees;
- Demonstrate a full commitment to the safety process and policies, including the integration of safety into all planning functions;
- Actively pursue measures that improve operational efficiency, cost reduction, and equipment reliability;
- Maintain a good working relationship with management, staff, and hourly employees.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering; or Red Seal Millwright
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of OSB or lumber mill supervisory experience;
- Strong maintenance background with demonstrated technical skills, including an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Your skills and assets:
- Excellent leadership ability, including an ability to work collaboratively across multiple functions;
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written), an ability to recognize contributions, and can quickly build trust and respect;
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think “outside the box”
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced working environment;
- Ability to work under pressure within a team environment;
- Computer literate; familiarity with CMMS and MS Project is an asset.
Search results 6
new positions are opening daily!
If you didn’t see anything in our Current Openings that was quite right for you, and you have a background in any of the sectors we work in, send us your resume as a “candidate of interest”, and we’ll follow-up with you on matching openings.
Working at Iroc
IROC Personnel is always on the lookout for seasoned professional recruiters to join our team. Our mandate is simple: to provide our recruiters with a supportive, collaborative team environment that fosters personal and professional growth, and encourages earnings that are far above average!
If you have a strong background in Agency based recruiting, and you are interested in learning more about what we have to offer, then please reach out and let us know!
Interested in more information?
Send your credentials directly to our Hiring Manager.Send Email